Saturday, October 1, 2016

#8Sunday #SexySnippets #WeekendWritingWarriors #paranormal #romance #Guardians

Happy Sunday, lovelies!

It's been a crazy week and weekend! Work-wise it was chaos with the end of the September courses so loads of paperwork but there was also time for leisure. Yay! I spent two days and a half visiting a friend in Paris. |Lovely trip and much needed weekend getaway.

Heads up, I might not be able to visit your amazing snippets as I have a work meeting this afternoon. *cringe* But will stop by throughout the week.




Last week I shared a snippet in which Kaila finally entered Sloth's lair. The snippet ended with: The doors were gone, replaced by darkness. 

 Let's see what happens next, shall we?

This  snippet has been edited to keep to guidelines.






 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She took a step in no particular direction. Her knives felt heavy in their sheaths against her thigh. The comforting weight infused her with courage and she took another step, her mind clearing. She needed light, a flashlight. She smiled to herself as she reached for the strap of her backpack. Her fingers brushed against her bare shoulders and her stomach dropped to her feet. Desperate, she palmed her back. In her haste to leave Seamus, she’d forgotten it.  She couldn’t continue without her provisions.
 “I think you forgot something.”
  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Now, now, who could that be?  
 

More Weekend Writing Warriors? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter
More Sexy Snippets? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

***Looking for Beta Readers: I'm hoping to finish Kaila and Seamus' story sometime in October and could use one or two more beta readers. If anyone is interested, let me know! Thank you! 

11 comments:

  1. You've got me guessing. Good snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so it's a good thing Seamus came along. He's already proving useful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope that's Seamus behind her! Great snippet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I too hope that it is Seamus behind her in the dark. Your trip to Paris sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do I think that it's Seamus, the snarking jerk. ;) And welcome back from Paris! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tension galore and you did a fine job of creating fear. Good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, crap! The worse feeling in the world followed by the sound of that taunting voice. I can feel her stomach drop. Excellent snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! My knee jerk reaction was Oh shit!'. but then I thought I'd tone it down and write, 'Oh, crap!' lol, but Jenna beat me to it.

    Great job of getting a reaction out of the readers, Elyzabeth! It's actually a double 'oh crap!'

    I'm glad you had a fun getaway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice of him to carry her, er, purse! She really has her hands full with this guy, and the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now she won't have to go back and get it, right? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seamus perhaps? I'm kinda hoping because I loved ll the dialog between the two of them in earlier snippets! And she'll be so mad to have forgotten the all important backpack.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.