Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Character Interview #TNTConfidential with Rupert Vaas and Elodie Parkes's The Confession Box



Happy Tuesday, lovelies! I can't believe it's April already! Did I say that last week? Probably, but come on, it's April!! And to make this spring day all the better I got the fabulous Elodie Parkes dropping in with her hero, Rupert Vass and her latest release, The Confession Box.

Hi Elyzabeth, Thank you for inviting me to the blog to talk about my latest release, ‘The Confession Box’. I’ve brought along the hero, Rupert Vass, today to answer some questions for readers. 

About the story:



Mysterious Rupert Vass is a bartender at Club Coven. He’s seen some strange things since he started work there, but Rupert isn’t easily shocked, after all he’s supernatural himself.
Rupert believes he’s immune to love and as a lead member of, Deep Dream, a rock band that often plays at Club Coven, he’s never short of romantic offers, so...why bring love into the equation?
Julianne Montague wants Rupert the moment she sets eyes on him. She’s a journalist for a local Music Magazine and as she visits Club Coven to interview the band, she slowly becomes aware that the club holds a mystery... what really happens in the VIP room, for instance?
When gorgeous Finn Hale hits on Julianne sparks start to fly as Rupert feels...what...not a twinge of jealousy, surely?
Who will win Julianne's heart and how low will the two men stoop to do it?
An intoxicating, erotic, paranormal romance, sprinkled with mystery, filled with magic and love.

 Visiting today, we have Rupert Vass from the new Ra Jones Publishing paranormal romance release, ‘The Confession Box.’
Hi Rupert, thanks for coming along to the blog today
Hi, thank you for inviting me. I have to say it’s a little worrying seeing my story published, although it’s great too.
What’s worrying about it?
Well, without giving too much away, the place I work has some interesting clientele to say the least (He looks around and smiles as if checking who’s listening.) Then of course I’m exposed for what I am and that might turn out to be dangerous.
What exactly are you, Rupert? (He gives me a dangerous look)
I’m the bartender in Rock Club, a musician, and something supernatural. I’ll let you read the story to find out exactly what, although the author told me you already knew.
Rupert, tell us something about the heroine Julianne.
She’s pretty, intelligent, loving and brave, very brave. She’s a journalist and now, happily, she’s mine.
What is, Club Coven? It’s mysteriously referred to in the book blurb.
Club Coven, is the name of the rock club owned by Elza. She’s a mysterious and magical person. You don’t get to know her too much in ‘The Confession Box’ that’s for another story. The club has a special VIP room where ‘things’ happen. The whole club is mysterious.
Club Coven… Rupert do people meddle with magic there?
(He stares at me for a moment with his gorgeous blue eyes.)
I’d rather not say. There are rules about giving away too many secrets to non-members. (Now he’s smiling.)
Okay let’s have some quick questions about you, just to get to know you a little more.
What’s your favorite, jeans, or a suit?
I wear suits and jeans. I wear black suits for work and have some great faded denims that I throw on when I’m not working. I wear jeans when Deep Dream plays a gig. I have a few great leather jackets too.
Tell us about Deep Dream. What kind of music do you play?
I founded the band but a major member now is my old friend Marcus. His lady love Jodi sings and plays keyboards. Then there are twins, guys who play more guitars. The music is alternative, sometimes rock, or ballads. We cover some oldies sometimes, and write our own stuff too. In the book, I write a couple of songs for Julianne. We gig all around LA. That’s how I meet Julianne. She wants to write an article about the band and arranges to interview us, then she hangs around flirting with me.
Okay Rupert, you’re handsome guy, let’s get personal:
Do you ever go commando?
(He grins and his eyes twinkle)
Er, yes, sometimes in my favorite jeans, the ones I just described. I don’t often wear underwear.
Do you like making love with the lights off or on?
Both, either, it depends … Julianne likes candlelight. I don’t need light to see. I can see in the dark.
(He smiles)
What about drinks…coffee or cola?
You’re kidding…you do know what I am don’t you? I thought you did. I don’t drink either if I can help it. I can take a shot of vodka occasionally but normally I drink …
He runs his tongue over his top lip and then…hey are those fangs I can see?
One more question, Rupert, after all you are the romantic hero in this love story. In bed … sex toys or not and what’s your favorite position?
(Okay, he’s laughing now.)
That’s two questions you know. Do I answer this? Okay, both toys and no toys… depends on the situation. My past conquests have been kinda overwhelmed already by my pheromones but with Julianne, well… we play sometimes. As for positions, all of them. I might leave now before you ask for a demonstration…thanks for inviting me.
That was quick. He’s gone already in the blink of an eye.

 Rupert left us a teaser from ‘The Confession Box’

At the other end of the bar, Rupert was watching and listening. Anger blazed through him. He knew the warlock, and if he was truthful seeing Finn kiss Julianne hurt like hell. He held himself back from racing over there, literally gripping the bar counter so hard there were imprints, and he rushed to cover them with a bar counter mat embellished with the logo for Club Coven. His anger wouldn’t go away. He fretted as he watched Julianne fall further under the warlock’s spell. He seethed at her response to Finn as she smiled and touched the silver-eyed man’s hand. He swore softly when Finn began trailing his fingertips up and down Julianne’s bare shoulder.
“Fucking hell.” I’ll kill him. She likes him. Didn’t she just get through flirting with me? Didn’t I just save her ass from the vamp roadies? She looks very beautiful tonight. That dress is sexy. Those stockings … Crap, what’s the matter with me? I should be thanking Finn for taking her attention away from me, for giving me a break from her hanging on the bar, on my every word. I don’t want her do I? Do I?
He served another group of people. He glanced repeatedly at the dreadful sight. Finn has her wrapped around his finger, or will by the end of the night. He’ll fuck her tonight and then she’ll crave him forever. She’ll join the never-ending line-up of girls waiting for him to call, to visit, to do his every bidding. Fucking hell, I can’t take it. She needs a good shake.
Rupert walked to them. “Can I get you anything else?”
The warlock gave Rupert a pointed stare obviously meant to convey Finn’s annoyance at the interruption of his seduction. “I think we have everything we need.” Then, with a sigh, he turned to Julianne. “Can I get you another drink?”
Rupert trembled with fury when she slid her hand up the warlock’s thigh and leaned into him.
“That will be lovely, Finn.” Julianne purred.
Rupert turned and went to mix the drinks. He snapped two glasses at the stem, before he stopped shaking after knocking back a shot of vodka, and then he managed to pour the martinis.
He placed a martini on the bar counter for the warlock and then, intent on breaking the spell Julianne was under, he held her glass out to her. If I can just touch her, she’ll remember me.
Julianne smiled politely at Rupert as he held the glass out to her, and he saw how glazed her eyes were. As she took the glass, he placed his free hand over hers. Her skin under his palm was hot as if she was feverish. Her fingertips barely grazed his knuckles, but his hand covered hers over the cool glass.
Her eyes widened as she looked into his.
Copyright Elodie Parkes 2015 © Ra Jones Publishing 

Find the book currently on launch special discount of .99 cents and .99 GBp
About Elodie Parkes
Elodie Parkes is a British author writing romance, erotic, contemporary, and often with a twist of mystery, paranormal, fantasy, or suspense. Her books are always steamy. Her tag is, Cool stories: Hot love scenes.
Elodie lives in Canterbury with her two dogs. She works in an antique shop by day and writes at night, loving the cloak of silent darkness that descends on the rural countryside around her home.
She has also released titles as an individual indie author.
Find Elodie online: Blog  Facebook  FB  Twitter Tsu
Quirky facts:
Elodie only ever wears boots. (Yes even in summer) She has three bachelor degrees because she couldn’t make up her mind what she wanted to do, and even then she got two Grad Dips in different subjects, naughty Elodie. Elodie loves: music (her nickname at work is Melody Elodie because she’s often singing) the countryside, animals, gorgeous men, technology, art, stockings, and potatoes, in any order.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Elyzabeth,
    Thank you for hosting The Confession Box and Rupert today on your lovely blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.