Sunday, August 3, 2014

#8Sunday #SexySnippets #WeekendWritingWarriors: Bear Heart #TheWitchesMischief4

Happy Sizzling hot Sunday, darlings!

I can't believe August is already here. I´m counting the days down to my holidays. I was initially going to travel to the States (Miami and possibly a weekend in NY too) but sadly those plans turned awry. Instead, I´ll be staying at home, resting, reading and writing.

Last week I left you all wondering about the woman with the familiar laughter and our protagonist´s crime. You can read it here, if you didn´t have a chance. Today, I´ve skipped a few lines to have Simon finally catching a glimpse of the women. I´ve cheated a bit and played with commas and connectors to keep to the 8 sentences rule, so don´t freak out if some of the sentences look weird.

 Enjoy! And thanks again for reading!

 XOXO
Elyzabeth

 
*creative editing to keep to the guidelines has probably taken place*
#SexySnippets and #8Sunday Sentences  
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There were two women laughing and running about near the stream, though how they could even move was beyond him for they wore long dresses tapered at their tiny waists and flowing full of ruffles to their ankles. They wore no hats, the offending garment discarded near a tree. He cocked his head, amused at the spectacle. Clearly, these were women enjoying themselves regardless of societal dictatorship.
The youngest girl looked to be 15 or 16 and she had long black hair and a mischievous attitude that reminded him of a playful cat. He focused his gaze on the other woman, his breath whooshing out of his lungs at the sight. She was beautiful with strawberry blond hair that trailed down her back in ringlets and a scaterring of freckles that dusted her arms. She laughed again as the young woman splashed water on her.
 
Simon’s heart constricted. That laughter.
 
  

~~~~~~~~
More Weekend Writing Warriors? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter
More Sexy Snippets? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

Bear Heart 
(A Naughty Fairy Tale)
The Witches' Mischief Series 4

Picture By day a bear, by night a man.

Half a century ago Simon Lancaster loved a woman. But when he committed a crime and was seduced by a witch his fate was sealed. Forced to live as a shifter by day and human by night, he becomes hopeless.

He believes there is nothing left in life for him. That is, until he meets Margaret O'Hare. An unconventional woman, Margaret makes him feel whole again, but he doesn't know if he can allow the walls he has erected around his heart to lower, no matter how much he grows to care for her.

As their time together has them becoming closer, he starts to trust and love again. But a happily ever after might not be in Simon's future as dark shadows emerge to destroy what he has built with Margaret.

23 comments:

  1. You are such a tease, Elyzabeth! That laugh indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippet and descriptions. I've very keen to read what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely description of the girls and a great sense of the gut hit that laugh gives him. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very enticing scene, can see why he's so attracted. Really enjoyed the snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so enjoying his focus on her. So tender. I'm definitely anxious for the next snippet. What's he going to do?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S.J. :) As to what he's going to do...well, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until next week. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous description. So real I felt I was in the water with the the women. Enticing .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great evocative scene, Elyzabeth. I caught a typo: "scaterring" should be "scattering", and I would change "young" in the last sentence to "younger" since both women seem youngish. Again, great snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching the typo, Siobhan! And good point on the young/younger thing. Thanks for reading! :D

      Delete
  8. I like the strawberry blond hair bit; I've used that myself in one of my stories. I get a good image of the women. Sorry your travel plans fell through. Writing is always good, since August is a hot month in Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank! And yeah, I´m a little bummed, but writing is always good ;-)

      Delete
  9. awww, the moment when love strikes. beautiful and very heartfelt. Fab snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely visual. No wonder he's attracted to her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply wonderful description of the young women, and of the scene. The woman who caught his eye is already intriguing--the way she's ignoring convention to frolic in the stream. :-) Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this scene is adorable. I love the girls frolicking without a care.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.