Monday, October 29, 2012

T n'T's Confidential: Michaela Rhua




 Welcome to another T n'T's Confidential post! Today, I've got author Michaela Rhua answering a few questions about her writing and about herself. Michaela is one of the authors of ARE best selling anthology The Eclipse of The Blood Moon.


Michaela Rhua is a doctor's wife who lives life at odd hours depending on when her husband is on call. She had been known to be up and about at 2 am working on her next erotic tale.

She has three teenage children; twin boys aged seventeen and a daughter aged fifteen, who also keep her busy. However, it is whilst travelling on the train into work that she has time to create her characters and imagine other places in which they exist as her world skims by the window. Conversations overheard often lead to the birth of new ideas that she scribbles down in her trusty notebook.

Let's find out a little more... 

Where does the inspiration for your stories come from?

Inspiration is everywhere. I travel to work on the train and often I overhear bits of conversations.  The spark ideas that I jot down in my notebook that I always carry. I work as a surgery manager for a group of doctors. It's a great place where patients often want to talk about themselves and their lives.  So on the way home I watch life go by through the window and imagine away.
  
What is your favorite writing genre?

I cannot say what is my favourite. The Eclipse of the Blood Moon is an erotic paranormal. I must say I do like paranormal because you can put scenes together and let your imagination go.

 What would you never ever consider writing?

I am not sure. I think saying never ever is something you come to take back later. The obvious no go areas are sexual scenes where children are involved or animals or bodily fluids that are considered waste products.
  
Do you do anything special before sitting down to write?

Make a cup of tea, get the chocolate out and if needed put some music on.
  
What is your desired effect on readers?

I hope that readers become immersed in the story, feeling involved and spirited along on the journey with my characters


Halloween is tomorrow! Tell me...
  
The craziest thing you’ve done on All Hollow’s Eve

I suppose the craziest evening would be a story best told by my husband and a very interesting little devil outfit
  
Your all time favorite horror film?

Bram Stoker's Dracula. I love the way the director tell the story of the anguished Dracula looking for his lost love. Beautifully shot and atmospheric.
  
Your favorite paranormal creature?

A shifter. I like the idea of the animalistic side of an Alpha male that is just underneath the surface!
  
Your favorite treat?

Chocolate and good wine.

Thank you, Michaela! 

You can get in touch with Michaela Rhua:

 


2 comments:

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.