Monday, March 9, 2009

The dreaded SYNOPSIS

Yes, I'm terribly stuck with that which all authors dread but which they must face at a giving moment: Writing a Synopsis.

I've tried doing it twice today, and haven't gotten very far (not to say that it all majorly sucks and that all I've done is reread my novel-oh how lovely it is!), but now I've discovered this page which seems to have a lot of useful information:
http://charlottedillon.com/SynopsisQuery.html

I haven't been able to see it all, but so far it looks good so, hopefully next time I'll be able to say I have a full synopsis!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate writing a synopsis. To me it’s punishment of the worst kind and it always makes me feel that the book I just wrote (I write the book first and then do the synopsis – I’m a pantster) is really in truth not as good as I thought it was. I hate it!!!
    And then of course there’s the blurb for the book, a synopsis’s evil little sister if you ask me.
    Thanks for the link. I’ll be checking it out.
    Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally finished writing that dreaded synopsis though I'm not happy with it at all ><
    Such an evil thing!
    The blurb wasn't that hard for me, but maybe it's not good enough...one never knows...
    Welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.